What you'll find on this page:

  1. What are the 4 parts of Medicare

  2. How Medicare coverage works

  3. Videos that give more clarity to Medicare and the plans that supplement it

Medicare Has 4 Parts

  • Part A - Hospital Insurance (Original Medicare)

  • Part B - Medical Insurance (Original Medicare)

  • Part C - Medicare Advantage = ( A & B + D)

  • Part D - Drug Coverage (optional)

1- Original Medicare

This option is Original Medicare with added Rx coverage. This option is the least expensive but leaves you open to the most significant medical costs. It will pick up 80% of most costs and leave you to pay the remaining 20% out of pocket. 

2- Medigap/Medicare Supplement

This is the Medigap or Medicare Supplement with added Rx coverage. This is one of the most complete forms of health care coverage available. Medigaps provide amazing benefits, like not having to worry about a network or referrals. These plans also cover the 20% Medicare doesn't cover. If you want more complete coverage, this is the plan for you.

3- Medicare Advantage

This option is Medicare Advantage. These plans cover everything Medicare covers and more. Advantage Plans usually have built-in drug coverage and add benefits such as dental, vision and hearing coverage. These plans typically cost less than Medigap Plans, but they usually require you to stay within a network, get referrals for specialist and almost always have co-pays.

Medicare Advantage

Medicare Advantage
Search video...
Medicare Advantage

Medicare Advantage

01:13
Play Video
Medicare Supplement

Medicare Supplement

01:44
Play Video